Thursday, July 22, 2010

07/25/10-Sunday

As a lot of you know I played rugby for over 10 years. My last club was ORSURFC (Oregon Sports Union Rugby Football Club) in Portland. I recently received an email from, "Sherri" an active ORSU club member, she told me about the murder of ORSU rugby player, Lindsay Babb. Lindsay played rugby for a club (and group of people) that are very near and dear to my heart! In the email, I was told that Lindsay had started CrossFit (also a group of people who are near and dear to me) in Portland, at HEL (Human Evolutionary Labs.) I have never met Lindsay, but knowing that she was a fellow rugby player and CrossFitter, there was no hesitation in saying yes to posting the Lindsay Babb memorial WOD.

Lindsay Babb memorial WOD
4 rounds for time:
10 KB swings 70#/55#
20 pull ups
10 box jumps-32"/24"
30 wall ball shots 20#/14#
7 Power Cleans 185#/95#
40 Double Unders
100 M weighted tire drag big tire/little tire

News report from Oregon Live:
"A woman found dead on Tuesday in North Portland was stabbed to death by her boyfriend, who then took a knife to himself, police said. Lindsay Babb's body was found by her roommate late Tuesday afternoon at their home in the 600 block of North Alberta Street. The roommate called 9-1-1, the Portland Police Bureau reported. Officers went to the home about 5:20 p.m. and found Babb's boyfriend suffering from at least one self-inflicted stab wound, said Sgt. Greg Stewart, a bureau spokesman."

Lindsay Babb

No comments:

Post a Comment